Top 5 Amazon Conversion Strategies
December 15, 2022
Increasing your conversion rate on Amazon is crucial to your overall success as an Amazon seller. Your conversion rate is calculated by dividing the number of conversions by the total number of visitors – so the higher your conversion rate, the better. There are many ways to increase your conversion rate, so our friends at TurnKey Product Management have broken down their top 5 strategies for you:
Strategy #1: Split-Testing
Customers make the decision to click on your product listing in a split second, and your product images, title, sales copy, and maybe even product design play a big part in their decision to purchase.
You only get one first impression, so make it a great one!
- You can now A/B test directly in Seller Central, only if you are brand registered, where Amazon orchestrates the split-test for you. There are 5 different aspects of your listings you can now split-test:
- Main Image
- Bullet Points
- A+ Content
Strategy #2: Keyword Research
The keywords that you add to your listing are how you are indexed and ranked, so it is especially important to have the best keywords throughout your listing.
There are many ways to find keywords, but the important thing to note is that you want to have keywords in your listing that pertain to your products and have a good search volume (number of times customers search the keyword per month). We recommend a minimum search volume of 1,000.
- Below are the best ways to find keywords to add to your listing:
- Once you have your keyword list, you will then include them throughout your title, bullet points, backend of your A+ Content images, and backend search terms.
Strategy #3: A+ Content and Brand Story
If you are brand registered and do not have A+ Content or a Brand Story on your listing, you are missing out on potential conversions.
- Brand Story: You don’t get a ton of opportunities to connect and speak to your customers, but with a brand story, you can tell customers more about your brand, link your storefront, and cross-sell other products!
- A+ Content: A+ Content is an enhanced description on your listing where you can add additional infographics, lifestyle images, and information about your brand and product. Amazon claims that adding A+ Content to your listing can increase your conversion rate by 5%.
Strategy #4: Adding Video To Your Listing
Amazon videos are a fantastic way to showcase all of the benefits of your product and showcase your customer demographic. Amazon states that adding a video to your listing can increase your sales by 9.7%.
- If you have a large catalog of products, we recommend starting with a brand video where you showcase your brand and all of your products. That way you can add the video to all of your listings until you can create single product listings.
- If you have a small catalog (1-3) of products, we recommend creating product-specific videos where you show the product uses and benefits, specs, and target audience.
Strategy #5: Amazon Posts
Amazon Posts are a great way to increase your visibility on Amazon because they are essentially social media posts but on Amazon!
Through a feed similar to those created by social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, shoppers can explore brand-specific feeds or browse by product category to discover products and see what’s new from brands.
- Posts link to detail pages, making each post in a feed interactable and shoppable. In addition to your brand’s feed, shoppers will encounter your posts on:
- Detail Pages
- Brand Feeds
- Related Products Feeds
- Category-Based Feeds
- Lastly, did you know that Amazon Posts are FREE? Yes, that’s right. If you are brand registered and have an Amazon storefront, you are able to start creating your first Post today!
As always, our team here at TurnKey wants you to succeed on Amazon! We hope at least one of the strategies we presented spoke to you and you plan to implement it to increase your conversion rate. Almost all of these strategies have room for improvement once implemented – so continue testing your listing to get the highest conversion rate possible. Good luck!
Our goal is to help sellers like you succeed by teaching you all of our tips and tricks, but if you don’t have the time to prep for the upcoming busy season, we have your back! Click here to visit TurnKey’s website, where you’ll find free resources and can book a free call about how to get your business ready for success!
Rebecca is an eCommerce writer at 8fig. She strives to provide sellers with the information and support they need to succeed in the ever changing eCommerce space.